This is the finished quilt top, measuring around 22 by 19 inches. Unfortunately it doesn't photograph terribly well, and it was already getting dark when we took this. Do you see the orange piece, the rebel in the corner?!? Every quilt should have a rebel, I feel. The thought of quilting this terrifies me...
All Rosie's friends have been turning eleven, so this is the gift for one of them. I do like the finished effect of boxed corners at the bottom of a zip pouch!
Rosie's teacher went on maternity leave last week. We'd known for long enough, but I still ended up making the gift the night before! Thankfully she was very pleased with it!
A great blog friend, Maryse, very kindly nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award!
The idea behind this award is for bloggers to bring attention to other blogs that we think are lovely. Recipients pay it forward by passing the award along to their favorite blogs.
By accepting the award, the nominated blogger must follow these easy-peasy rules:
Here we go, seven things about me:
- I speak several foreign languages, the most fluent of which is Spanish
- After many years as a teacher, I became a charity fundraiser, which I love
- I now work in addiction, which reminds me to keep my hobby under control ;-)
- I live with my beautiful daughter, a dog and a cat
- Book club is one of the highlights of my month
- My favourite city in the world is Córdoba, in southern Spain
- Most of my skills were inherited from my grandparents and I so wish my granny could see my patchwork quilts!
Now it's time to pay forward and nominates other bloggers. These are blogs I follow on a regular basis (and hopefully they have not been nominated yet). This is one way to say that I enjoy visiting and reading your blog. In no particular order: