Sunday, 1 March 2015

Weekend sewing

Happy March everyone! I've had a lovely weekend: Rosie went away and, although I missed her, I took the opportunity to do things for me :-) Yesterday I felt like I was on holiday - going for lunch at a fabulous Spanish tapas bar in London, followed by the Goya exhibition at Somerset House. Goya was born in the region of Spain where I lived for a year, so the whole day was really refreshing.


Before we left Wales, Jennifer gifted me this wonderful boxed set of 20 fat quarters... It had been on display in her sewing room for a few years, ever since she bought it in America. Thankfully, I don't share her restraint, and opened it up this week!


Jen also gave me this magazine, and I did wonder about using the fabric to make the quilt shown on the front. However, we really don't need another quilt in this house, and I couldn't go shopping for the other supplies.


So, I whipped out my favourites from the set, and blended them with some low volumes from my own collection...


Half a day later, and I'd finished a drawstring bag :-)


I love the end result! No idea what I'll use it for, but it brightens up the door handle to my sewing cupboard... Thanks, Jen :-)


Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I love the boxed FQs...and the drawstring bag is adorable! I never know what to do with bags and pouches for myself...but since they are such fun to make, I have made a couple just to give away...double fun that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen must be one of the most generous people I've met. It's a lovely bag. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty your bag! I think I would have had difficulty breaking into that wonderful box. I do a lot of fabric admiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a special box of fabric, and I love the bag you made with it. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the other FQ's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, really interesting to see which colours you picked out and which you left behind, it struck me as a really bright box of fabric but your selection made them look toned down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 years in my house = nothing but 5 minutes with you and you have worked your magic with the fabric to create something quite lovely, Fran. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag and am sure you will find some treasure to put in it...but if not it will look good hanging on a door handle ...just for show

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty bag. It's nice to get some time to yourself, I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend 'off'. Bethx

    ReplyDelete