Sunday, 25 January 2015

Productivity...

... has increased dramatically this month!


First to be finished, was this simple scarf for Rosie. Made with just one ball of variegated wool, it took a mere 18 months to complete ;-) Knitting is not my forte, and it began as a holiday project... Thankfully it has been worn every day this week, and much admired!


My cat quilt, using the Plus design, also reached completion! It measures 60 square inches, and was quite a challenge to quilt on my small domestic machine. I got there in the end, backing it with the adorable Windy Day fabric, for those who like to mix up their puppies and cats on the same quilt...




 


I'm thrilled to have finished this one, and am now down to one top waiting to be quilted, and one unfinished top - not a bad waiting list!

11 comments:

  1. Daughter, scarf, brooch and quilt ALL adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you put daughter at the top of the list ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great quilt! I'm not a big knitter, but dabble every now and again... a cute scarf and wonderful that your daughter likes it so much (always a nice feeling!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for another finish. I'm impressed. I love the backing fabric. I've been hand quilting round your trees on the bee quilt this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the scarf and quilt are beautiful. I really like your backing fabric. And only 2 unfinished projects? I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. que bonita la bufanda, tardaste tiempo, pero está acabada que es lo que cuenta. Que bonita tu colcha, el color de las telas, la trasera. Estupendo el acolchado.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has got to be one of my favourites of your quilts (along with the Kaffe Fassett baby one!). I just love it! What a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful simple scarf and a very delightful cat quilt! Glad you have little left as I'll need that surplus energy when you come to visit - I have lots of quilts to baste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew fun to catch up over here! And such pretties! I just love all the pinky purples in everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taken me forever to catch up with things recently, including the blog. But so impressed with the scarf - and your perserverance, well done, it looks lovely. The quilts - well they are always impressive and backing is great. Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable scarf and pin! Rosie must be so happy. Love your plus quilt finish! I'd say cats plus dogs equals a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete