Sunday, 28 December 2014

Relaxing...

Phew, December has been insanely busy! So many parties (not complaining!), carol services, trips to London and a few birthdays - all crammed in before the 25th. Rosie and I squeezed in fifteen of the Paddington bears...


It was great fun finding them dotted around London! We celebrated my birthday by going to an incredible performance of Cats the musical, and sang all the way home ;-) The last few days have involved a fair bit of turkey, plenty of presents, and relaxing with family, friends, and even the surprisingly good stuff on TV. Rosie had requested a giant cushion for Christmas, so I whipped up this 26" one so she can comfortably read in bed.

 
I even pushed the boat out and added covered buttons...


However, she then saw the oblong shaped cushion I made myself, and wanted one of those too...


Must admit, I quite enjoyed making these!



 I do like the very fitted shape these create, and the neatness of the zip...


After all that pink, my godson turns five next week, and I tried out a pattern that I have been wanting to make for years:



These patchwork Scottie dogs are so cute, and it really wasn't that hard to make. It was a perfect use of scraps, and I'm sure my godson will love it! Hope you've been having a relaxing time too :-)

6 comments:

  1. Feliz cumpleaños Fran, espero que tuvieses muchos, pero que muchos regalos.
    Que bien se te ve con el osito, resulta simpático.
    Te ha quedado genial ese cojín rectangular, y si, la cremallera perfecta.
    El perrito genial, seguro que tu sobrino estará encantado.
    Besitos para toda la familia.
    Feliz año 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy having fun! I really love the cushions you made, especially the scottie dog, he is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you've been having a fun December and fitting in some sewing time. The dog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! You can definitely tell you are in London in your Paddington Bear photo! Want to go and see the film that has just come out here! Love all your makes and the Scottie is brilliant.
    Wishing you and your family a lovely 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks lovely! Best wishes for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely makes, I can imagine how satisfying the oblong cushion is to sew, the neat zip is the kind of detail I'd get excited about. Love the little scotty dog plushie too. Here's to a Happy New Year, let's hope it's a fabulous one! Bethxx

    ReplyDelete