Thursday, 17 July 2014

Feeling lucky...

Weather permitting, this Saturday I will be having my first PatchyRose sale of quilts, cushions and bags! I was offered this spot only a week ago, and have been sewing every spare moment ever since... 


This plus quilt was inspired by a beautiful fat cross one which Maryse made recently. I kept mine to the width of the backing fabric, then made a large coordinating cushion. In all honesty, these have to be some of my favourite quilty things I've ever made, so I will be more than happy if noone buys them! Dipping my toe into the waters of a sale is only a result of our house being full to capacity, so I need to sell purely to make more... Quilters' logic!


Next up I used some of the gorgeous Catnap fabrics to whip up a tote bag and a matching zipped bag. Again, I will happily absorb these for my own use! There's definitely more sewing in the pipeline though, as I also won a giveaway!! I will admit to feeling a little embarrassed, as I am sure I have now won more than my fair share... As a result, I am now being very restrained, and not entering any more for a while! 


This particular one was kindly given by Carla, who works in this amazing looking quilt shop. Carla was recently able to create two different charm packs for the shop, and then allowed to give a pair away on her blog :-) Honestly, if I ever needed a personal shopper for quilt fabrics, I would go to Carla! Above shows the low volume pack, and below is a 'modern' pack.


I cannot wait to get started on these! Carla and I must share similar taste, ironically we have both just made very similar plus quilts without knowing it... I did check on the shop website for these charm packs, but didn't see them listed. If you would like to purchase some yourself, I imagine you could contact them and mention the packs which Carla made! Thank you, Carla.

10 comments:

  1. I hope it goes well, don't be disheartened if you don't sell out, I've found it's a good way to get known and people come back later for commissions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sell them too cheap. You've put a lot of time and effort and money into them .
    I love the quilt, especially how you've fussy cut the flowers In one of the crosses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plus quilt looks fantastic and so are the bags. I love the fabric you put together, well done!
    Good luck selling your goods and you know you can also sell your stuff on Etsy...:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your items are all beautiful, I agree with the others don't sell them too cheaply and take some business cards or a flyer so people can contact you for follow up orders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are lovely. I hope you do well. Enjoy your charm packs. They look great all spread out ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt and bag Fran! Thanks for the link to the shop and for the great comments. Carla made some wonderful choices for those charm packs didn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, Fran, I hope you did well today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it went well, your kitty patchwork bag and zipped pouch are especially lovely! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read that your sale went well. Good to hear that people were so chatting, that makes everything more interesting. I was wondering if you'd sold the tote in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Love the modern charm pack... will have to ask about it!

    ReplyDelete