Friday, 27 June 2014

3 in 1

Thank you for all the kind comments following our great quilty weekend, and the wonderful results of a year-long Bee! It was a struggle to come back down to earth this week, but I was fortunate to have a whole day off with no other plans on Wednesday...



First up, I urgently needed to finish this Plus cushion! This one is made with fabrics from our recent Florida trip, and also based on a design in the Pillow Pop book which I bought out there.



The cute backing is also from the Catnap range, and again I made a feature of the zip...



There will be quite a line-up on the sofa now, but fewer fights over who gets the cushions!




Next up, I finished off this cushion which I began on the quilt weekend, using generous Jen's scraps.




And lastly, the scraps which didn't make it into the cushion went into this little birthday bag, along with a few of my own pieces -



Not content with letting me loose on her scraps, Jen also donated this fabulous piece of lining fabric, so perfect for a little girl:




At the beginning of the day, I anticipated finishing these three and a couple of quilts too... Optimism is a wonderful thing, but three items in one day isn't bad!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh Fran, como te ha cundido, genial, genial. Me encanta el cojín de las cruces, es algo que tengo pendiente de hacer en patch, en ganchillo ya lo hice y siempre que los veo me gustan. Las telas como siempre, preciosas. Espero que no haya peleas por los cojines, ahora cada uno tendrá el suyo.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat fabric, cat cushion, cat. What a great post! Love those cushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Unfortunately you come up as a no-reply blogger, so I cannot reply to you directly.

      Delete
  3. Your husband will love having a cushion of his own! All your items turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see you've been productive this week. You put me to shame. It's also great to see you finished the cushion you started at Jen's. I like how you've used the zip as a feature too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby finishes, Fran! That bag is too cute ... and the lining was a perfect choice - better in a bag than on my shelf, hey?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been busy Fran, I love the catnap cushion, that fabric is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Nice work on the cushions...That Cat Nap collection is so cute!
    Looks like you have been busy.:))
    Good looking cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of all your patchwork cushions lined up, one for each member of the family, such a nice image :)

    ReplyDelete