Friday, 9 May 2014

Friday finish...


Hooray for a finished triangle quilt! Time consuming, and demanding of concentration, but worth it!


The backing was a luxury... Such a gorgeous hot air balloon fabric, perfect for sweet dreams at bedtime. It was just inches short, but a half yard of hot pink filled the gaps and bound the edges :-) I wasn't sure about it for the binding at first, but actually like the sharpness it brings.



It coordinates perfectly with the curtains in Miss PatchyRose's bedroom, and will be nice and cosy for reading...


Although the Teds seem to have other ideas!


Have a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! l love the pop of pink too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty. The backing fabric is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is impeccable and I especially love those sweet balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, it's perfect! I love the backing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! I love the fabrics you chose and especially the pink binding! I think the Teds are very pleased !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it is so pretty. Love the backing choice too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it is so pretty. Love the backing choice too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely! I haven't tried a triangle quilt but yours is now the second one I've seen recently and I think I may have to give one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those teds know a lovely quilt when they see one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look how pretty with the curtain in the bedroom! A very sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how nice that quilt is for a little girl. I love the combination of fabrics you used, and the backing is wonderful! AND the curtains, did you make them? So pretty! (I found your blog thru "just quilts") :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful quilt !! And a lovely backing too !

    ReplyDelete
  13. How Have I not seen this before now? Can't wait to get off theTramadol :)
    It's delightful - was it difficult to match the points on the triangles?

    ReplyDelete