Monday, 5 May 2014

Bags of fun!

What a great bank holiday weekend! Not exactly a scorcher, but we did enjoy a neighbourhood coffee morning outside today, and plenty of gardening and outdoor work. We have managed quality time with family and friends, as well as being given another sewing commission. In between, some intense bag making... 


This one is intended as a thank you for a very generous gift I received recently.


The gift giver is a very talented seamstress, so I had to think carefully, and focus on special fabric rather than on what I did with it! I've been hoarding this half yard piece of cat fabric for a while, it is such a fabulous design...




I do hope she will like this! I call these 'door handle bags' after a long weekend when I had to sleep on a top bunk bed, with nowhere to put my glasses, phone, torch and so on... Little bags like these, with one handle, hook nicely over a door handle, bed post, or whatever is available!



This one will be a birthday present for another little friend, who happens to like butterflies... 

 

Following the small blue tote bag in my last post, we received the loveliest thank you letter from the recipient. Having cut too many squares at the time, there were enough left over for one more zipped up pouch:


Hopefully this one will go down well too...


Hope you've had a great weekend, especially those in the UK with our extra day off :-)

9 comments:

  1. Your bags are so very pretty, Fran, love the cat fabric - isn't it nice to finally use your fave up on a special project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such fun bags!! Great fabric choices. That cat fabric is particularly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great use of the cat fabric. Three very pretty bags, and glad you had a lovely long weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cat fabric! Who is the manufacturer? Bags are so fun to make and give as treasured gifts. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I love the choice of fabrics and the diagonal quilting. The matching pouch is going to look so cool with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all such lovely bags, and I do love that cat fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric choices and such a good idea for a bag, I can imagine they do come in very useful. Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bags, especially the door bag. Love the fabrics used on the last pouch. Bags or cushions are my go to project when I need a quick fix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bags, particularly the door bag. Lovely fabrics used on the last pouch. Bags or cushions are my go to projects when I need a quick finish project, or I am putting off finishing a quilt!

    ReplyDelete