Friday, 25 April 2014

Friday!

Woohoo, glad it's Friday! I love my job, but it's still a distraction from the main goal of sewing ;-) Fortunately, my new toy arrived...


I have been hankering after this quilt ladder for ages, and with 25% off I caved in! When I dug one of the quilts out of the airing cupboard, I realised just how creased it had become, totally justifying being able to hang them up now! The ladder will live in the guest room for now, and I envisage popping my head round the door every few minutes ;-)



The only sewing this week was to whip up a birthday present for one of Rosie's friends. I'd pulled some fabric options, in pinks and purples, but fortunately had a night out with the birthday girl's mum this week. After a quick chat, it seemed turquoise and blue were more appropriate...



This pretty much exhausted my blue selection, but I am happy with how it turned out! I had some doubtful moments in the process, but it looked better sewn together than it did laid out... Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Que bonita esa escalera,mejor dicho, que bonitos los quilts que lucen de maravilla en tu bonita escalera. Esa habitación de invitados está tan coqueta, que los invitados no querran irse... será todo un peligro.
    El bolsito quedo muy lindo.
    Muchos besos para todos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only just found your blog, love, love, love it! If you can make a chalet look as cute as that your actual house must be stunning (& cosy!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG where is the ladder from?? I want one so badly! That quilt on the bed is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your guests won't want to leave the guest room - it looks too lovely! I so need to make some more quilts to keep in my own house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts look wonderful on your new ladder. I would love a ladder but haven't seen one in real life that I like. One like yiurs would be perfect. The bag you made is really fun, great combo of fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now have serious quilt ladder envy! Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, gorgeous display of quilts. The ladder is so perfect! I have only completed one quilt (which I keep in a cupboard) and a second has been in the 'making process' for so long. Thank you for sharing, I feel inspired to make an effort to finish the second quilt and start another, then I'd have three to display when get myself a ladder. Mr HKT is handy and good with wood....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh quilt eye candy display! That bag looks great! That prism-y blue teal is really neat, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag is beautiful! And the ladder, a great buy. Your quilts deserve to be on show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ladder...In fact, I got one myself last fall in some Amish community in Ohio. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bag, shame you've used up the blues in your stash - I guess you'll have to go shopping now - what a shame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen quilt ladder yet. Cool. The tote turned out cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, hadn't heard of a quilt ladder but what a brilliant idea! Mind you, I'd worry about sun fading and dust, I'm an eternal worrier about sun fading on cloth items. They look lovely displayed this way though, I can imagine it must feel great to see them together and on show. Cute tote! Bethx

    ReplyDelete