Sunday, 16 March 2014

Slow blogging!

The last couple of weeks have been very busy with work events, but fun ones, so no complaints! I managed to whip up a birthday present:


I love making these giant cushions, perfect for when you're reading in bed, or just want to fill a large chair! The sewing is very simple and therapeutic; the cushion pad is a 26" from Dunelm Mill. My other make in the last fortnight was a little more complicated:


As part of my fundraising job, I went to a Ball on Friday, where the dress code was black tie with a hint of the town we live in! Lots of people went for the town colours, and several wore brooches. I opted for making this Tudor rose, which is featured in our cathedral, and putting it onto a clutch bag. 


It took ages, but I was pleased with the result! The Ball was a huge success, and a wonderful evening. It hasn't been conducive to much sewing though, but I have done a bit of laying out fabrics and making plans...


Ebay kindly sent me a £10 voucher, apparently they were missing me!! I was going to delete it, then thought they might have some Liberty fabric... Sure enough, I managed to purchase the above squares, and these bigger pieces - 



I have a plan, but it may take a while! Finally, having admired Julie's beautiful Little Cotton Rabbits for years, I now have one of my own :-) 



 She looks very happy on my wooden spool... Wishing you a great week.


13 comments:

  1. Great way to spend an Ebay voucher! Love the tudor rose on your bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little rabbit! Your cushion and pouch are fab too - you must have been very glam:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lucky you! Free Liberty - how wonderful! The rabbit is really cute too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cushion with all of that great indigo fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rabbit is incredibly cute! It looks like you made a fabulous job of the purse.
    Not long until the meet up now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sooooooo fortunate to have such a great quilter in the family, that wonderful cushion is already well 'sat against' and pronounced as 'extremely comfy' ! Thank you from Addy, who is so impressed by the finished rose, by the way. Very pleased little rabbit has settled in so well too - she looks really perky on her spool. Love, Granny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see a photo of you with your beautiful clutch at the ball! Good choice the Liberty fabric, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the slow blogging! Looks like you've been busy creating some loveliness, though. Love the cushion. And the bunny's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Que bonita la bolsa, que bonito el cojín, que bonitos los trocitos de tela... pero todo un amor ese conejito.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beautiful makes, and a lovely Liberty haul... I have the bunny pattern, just reading through it put me off, it seemed like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the rose - so clever :-) And free liberty - there's a first!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a perfect clutch, well done. And the liberty!! Wow what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'm not surprised you're pleased with your bag - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete