Sunday, 29 December 2013

Project planning

This week has been lovely, just the right balance of friends, family and neighbours, along with great food and time to relax! We still haven't watched much telly, but did prioritise Downton and Call the Midwife, both of which were fabulous. I've already finished my Christmas novel (The Husband's Secret - really gripping!) and we've enjoyed long dog walks every day.


 

Normally I don't go in for a large stash of fabric, and tend to buy a few fat quarters now and again. However, the Black Friday sales offered up great bargains, and I snapped up all these charm packs and some half yards.


In a noble gesture, I handed them over to hubby, to keep back for Christmas. Today was the day to get going! My other recent stock has come through doing the low volume charm square swap, a fabulous opportunity to get together 56 different pieces. 


When I worked out my design, I realised I should have done as others did, and gone for two places in the swap. However, through picking out low volume squares from the charm packs above, and then cutting some myself, I have managed to put together enough of them...



This represents unusual organisation, as I normally make it up as I go along, but this is the whole quilt! There are 16 brightly coloured charm squares, 32 bright six inch squares, and 128 low volume charm squares. Phew, I do hope my plan works now!


The downside of having an admiring daughter, is that she wants one of everything I make ;-) This was my attempt at a Pants Bag for her, after she loved the one sent to me by Queen Pants Bag herself. We had a little mother and daughter trip to York in October, and it was fun to have our matching bags in the hotel room.



When Miss PR saw the fabric roll I made for her godmother, she naturally wanted one of those too... This was the original one, made from a kit:




And now Miss PR has one to match her Pants Bag...





Fortunately she was delighted when she opened it. November and December were so much about sewing things for other people, I can't wait now to get on with my new project! Hope you have had a great week, however you celebrated.


Linking up with Sunday Stash!


7 comments:

  1. Lucky Miss P.R, such great gifts.
    I'm intrigued to see what your plan is for the L.V swap charm squares. I've not decided what to make with mine yet. Yours look great with the other fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your low volume plus some brights quilt plan. I missed out on that swap, sounds like a good one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen Pants Bag here! Love Miss PR's matching bags - how special :) glad you had a wonderful Christmas too. Can't wait to start on my LV charm square quilt but have NO idea what to make yet. And thanks for the book recommendation - was looking for a Kindle download for my ski trip and this will be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AaH! I have fabric envy! (even though I have the same low volume set, sitting tempting me to start a new quilt!) Can't wait to see what you are planning to make with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your new quilt plan sounds amazing. Glad you had a lovely Christmas week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that IS very noble of you! My husband made me wait until Christmas Day last year when my BFF sent me a FQ bundle, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That planning is sure to pay off. There are lots of pretty fabrics in there.

    ReplyDelete