Monday, 18 November 2013

Festive fabric fun...

Finally whipping up a few Christmas presents!



The tissue holders are an old favourite, but I tweaked the pattern to create a wider cuff, showing more of the lining fabric. The circular basket was an 'invention' based on having seen similar things online, but making it up as I went along. It would be a nice container for a bottle of wine as a gift. Sewing the circular bottom was a useful challenge to tackle, I'm sure I'll make another of these, but a wider one.



This fabric roll was a kit I bought over a year ago... The pattern wasn't entirely straightforward, and I will adjust it next time, but I'm so very glad I persevered!



Now I know the basic technique, I anticipate making many more of these :-)


It provides great storage for jewellery, make up, or sewing supplies... Thank you for all the suggestions that came in for using festive fabric, I still have plenty left for other projects!


3 comments:

  1. There are some lovely Christmas fabrics there! You have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, han quedado genial esos guardapañuelos de papel así como la bolsita y el neceser portátil.
    Te adjunto un link donde Marisa explica como hace bolsitas muy parecidas a la que nos enseñas. Estoy segura que te será de utilidad.
    http://lastelitasdemarisa.blogspot.com.es/2010/12/bolsita-de-tela-tutorial.html
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts, Fran and I love the Reindeer fabric - very cute!

    ReplyDelete