Friday, 4 October 2013

Back to basics...

Thank you so much for the nice comments on my last post. Making a simple bag inspired me to spend a couple more evenings sewing this week! Lately I hadn't done much sewing, as sometimes you can end up with just big projects on the go... But making a bag put me in the mood for the simple stuff.


Remember the Pink Penguin fabric basket pattern?!? I made so many of those when it first hit blog-land. I hadn't made one for ages, but needed to think up a raffle prize for a charity event coming up soon. So, I whipped one up with the leftover piece of clock fabric. Only trouble was, I only had enough fabric for one handle... Thought it might look quirky, and persevered (blame late-night sewing), but it just didn't work. So, instead of going to charity, it has found a new home in the bathroom...


Last night saw me whip up another one, thankfully far more successfully, and a good use of some of the rainbow charm squares. That made it quick and easy to put together!



This one will definitely make it to the raffle, and hopefully add to the funds for Cancer Research.




4 comments:

  1. It's adorable, Fran - I made one last year ... Must make more! A very worthy cause too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baskets - especially like your very glamorous toilet roll cover!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours Fran, and a great cause :-)

    ReplyDelete