Saturday, 1 June 2013

Paintbox...

Hooray, my paintbox quilt top is finally complete! It's been years in the making, using up a great many scraps, but here it is at last...


Lately I've been on a real roll of getting things finished :-) Once upon a time, I didn't start a new quilt until the previous one was complete and in use... Since then, standards have slipped... With this finish, I now have two tops waiting to be quilted, and three unfinished quilts, with great intentions of getting them done in the very near future!


I didn't actually expect to get any sewing done today, after getting home late last night from the beautiful Lake District. We had such a great week, with perfect weather for long walks, as well as a couple of days spent exploring all the Beatrix Potter houses. The cottage we stayed in is one of the properties nearest the bottom of the photo, a really amazing holiday!


Back to dealing with the laundry now, hope you have had a good week too.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty quilts! Glad you had such a good week and were lucky with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, me gusta mucho tu "caja de pinturas", creo que has hecho un excelente trabajo, con los retales y con los colores. Y esa foto de los lagos es una maravilla, es de una belleza enorme. Me alegro mucho que vuestras vacaciones hayan sido estupendas.
    Un besazo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new quilt top and glad you had a fab holiday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt tops! I especially like the pinwheel one. Glad you had good weather in the Lake District.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fran, I have never been to the Lake District or anywhere north of Birmingham really!
    Sounds like you have quite a number of wip on the go and why not, it is a hobby after all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both, Fran, you're much more adventurous than I with your choices of colour and design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts! And Beatrix Potter! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete