Friday, 14 June 2013

Friday fun...

In the last few days, various sewing bits have come together! First up, for those who were alarmed at the prospect of blocks going to waste, here they are, sewn together ready to become a cushion...


My new plan for the sewing bee currently looks like this...

 
Can't wait to get on with it now, it has made all the difference coming up with a plan and the right (hopefully!) fabrics. Also managed to quilt and border my paintbox, including adding a rod for hanging it...



It has been added to my sewing room wall for now. I wasn't sure whether to put it up, as I do like the simple white walls, but have now gone from this...

 
...to this...


The room is not huge, but it is a perfect sewing space, from the welcome at the door...


...the large table, with useful storage...


...and the handy cupboard that hides all the clutter!


And the best bit of all? The company...


Have a great weekend!



6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely on the wall. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy Bee! Speaking of which, best I get a move on ... love your improv cushion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect spot for your quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How well trained your company is.... mine (2 cats) always want to sit on the sewing table, right next to the machine with a paw on my work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Fran this is such gorgeous work and don't you have the perfect space to work in!! I can't tell you how envious I am. Your walls are now complete with all your beautiful projects and I would just love to sit on that sofa with you and do a spot of hand quilting ;-) And looking forward to your bee strip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Love the designs and colours, having just dusted off my machine and started my first patchwork quilt only have one thing to say...Quilt Envy!

    ReplyDelete