Thursday, 23 May 2013

Finished in time for Friday :-)

The last couple of weeks, I have been sewing like crazy! It's been really fun, and a nice sense of achievement. The bag in the last post was a slight deviation, but largely I've been trying to get a few things finished up. A while ago these:


and these:


became all of these:


and then stopped right there, until today when they turned into this:

 
I spent so long mulling over how to join the pinwheels, debating whether to just stitch them with no border, on point - which would have meant a lot of plain space in between each one, before finally settling on simple sashing like this. Thankfully I love it! It's great, and a relief, when it all comes together better than expected, which definitely isn't always the case.


Recently I had a huge sort-out of my scrap drawers, which at least means everything is now stored according to colour. These paintbox pieces have been a work in progress for...years... and are now finished!


I'm so happy to have completed the set. In the end I sized them all to be the same, after accepting that sashing multi-sized blocks would be tricky. Fortunately there is plenty left of the plain fabric used to sash the pinwheels :-)


Lastly, exciting post to replenish the depleted pile of fabric...I don't often buy these kinds of prints, but they were a sale bargain, and I'm sure they will be put to good use. They are really fun pieces for future bag making projects.
Have a great weekend!








4 comments:

  1. Good for you getting things completed, I can't wait to get back to some proper sewing instead of all this painting! :o(. Nice haul of fabric too, all great prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran que bonito se ve el top de los molinillos, me gusta mucho. Y los bloques con los restos de tela de log cabin moderno me encantan. Te ha cundido mucho el coser y coser... que bien te lo has pasado y el resultado es genial.
    Que chula la tela de los despertadores.
    Besos para ti y para Rosita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes, Fran and really nice colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acabo de conocer tu blog a través del blog de Mavy (Septiembre).
    It's so beautiful! I like it very much!!! You really are an artist, a great artist!!!. Congratulations from Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
    Besiños. Oki

    ReplyDelete