Monday, 1 April 2013

The Final Countdown

Hooray, I'm so pleased to have finished my pinwheels :-) Today has mainly been about packing to go away for a few days, and insanely it seemed like a good idea at the time to spring clean as I went along, emptying cupboards and wardrobes and sorting them... It only left an hour or so for sewing tonight, but I'm on such a roll with these that it was easy to chain stitch the final fourteen:


 Here they are, the full thirty...



I've already ordered some neutral fabric for the sashing, although the jury's still out on whether I set them straight or on point. I'm thinking on point, for a bigger quilt, just not sure about all that plain space! However, it will be a while before I can get on with that stage. The only sewing in the next few days will be teaching twenty Brownies how to make sock snakes...


Yes, Miss PR and I are off on Brownie Pack Holiday, and it fell to me to design a craft activity on a jungle theme! My snake now has the addition of some pretty beads since I took this picture, and the Brownies will create theirs with a mixture of sewing and using fabric glue. At the very least, I hope they will all learn how to sew a button on, so one life skill included in the task ;-)


3 comments:

  1. Que simpática la serpiente/calcetín.
    Tus molinillos se verán más grandes si les pones otro color que los ensamble, todo dependerá de lo que quieras hacer.
    Las maletas... viaje... vacaciones... bien....
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with all those brownies. I hope you've packed your ear plugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you - looking forward to seeing photos :)

    ReplyDelete