Sunday, 21 April 2013

Sunny Sunday...

...and a quilty finish!





Thrilled to have got this done, it's just perfect for the guest room! In addition, last weekend we had a wonderful Community Day at our church, at which a small team and I sat and sewed patchwork cushions with probably around 30 small children. It was great fun to help and inspire them into doing some sewing! Most intriguing was the fact that very few children created a design with their squares, virtually all of them went for 9 unmatching ones. However, they all looked great, and the kids were delighted.



This morning I managed to whip up some quick cards for my team of helpers, to thank them. It was so easy, I can see myself doing some more of these cards!



Hope you're having a sunny Sunday too...

9 comments:

  1. Lovely quilty finish, well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting, Fran - nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea I expect the children enjoyed their sewing . Pretty quilt, love the colours. I've been having a go at some clothes sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous quilt! Unusual colour combination, but it really works :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Gorgeous fabric choices.
    Hugs, Carmen María.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, me encanta, me encanta, me encanta.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, cheerful quilt! And how nice to help encourage kids into sewing. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the mix with solids! Really striking! Thanks for linking up to the Kate Spain blog hop!

    ReplyDelete