Wednesday, 13 March 2013

New tricks...

Having wanted for months to make a fabric covered journal, no sooner did one come along than there were three... First up was this one, shown in my last post:



I was really happy with it, and decided to plough straight on and make some others. Next, I wanted to try hand quilting, using my new supplies :-) On this occasion, I could have just done embroidery on the denim, but it was much more fun to make a mini quilt sandwich...


 and pair it up with some cute doggy fabric...


Miss PR has forbidden me to make any more bags as presents for her friends, so I had to rack my brains for a new idea. Thankfully she thoroughly approves of the journals, and this one will be off to a little friend very soon.
So, for my third trick, I once again turned to my Granny's ancient supply of mini hexagons! I hadn't thought the tiny ones would ever get used but, sure enough, they are just right for a notebook...


I went really wild and added a ric rac trim...


Love the linen front, teamed up with the polka dots...


And it looks so cute sitting on my display shelf next to Beth's pretty bag. Needless to say, I can't bring myself to use either of them yet, but they certainly make me smile when I glance in their direction!

 


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of the mini hexagons, and well done on coming up with a new gift idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the linen and polkadots - they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bonitas las fundas de las libretas. Me gusta la combinación del nombre bordado con la tela de los perritos, el efecto de pizarra es genial. Y la combinación de los lunares con la tela de lino queda estupenda.
    Lo próximo que te pedirá Rosita es unas bolsas para los lápices, así que ya te veo trabajando de nuevo.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Fran - particularly loving the pink one :) And the Ric-Rac trim ... very nice addition, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the hexagon one is my favourite, but only by a bit as they are all lovely. Bethx/thelinencat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, these are lovely! The ric rac is fantastic! But then, I feel like ric rac should be added to almost everything, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete