Wednesday, 27 February 2013

February finish...

Just in case Ange is checking up on those of us who've entered her book competition, I thought I'd better crack on and finish the project I mentioned!! 
So, in just one week, the hexagons which my granny basted, probably about 30 years ago, have been transformed :-) From this...



to this...





 

Stitching the hexagons was a great project for relaxing in front of the television, and gave me time to mull over what to do with them. Inspiration suddenly came, thanks to this previous wall hanging...




It hangs on one wall of my sewing room, and I discovered that I had enough linen leftover to frame the hexagons. The backing was one complete fat quarter, which I bought years ago, and wasn't that keen on. Funnily enough, when I got it out and ironed it, I saw it in a whole new light! Still, am very pleased with how it looks on the back, and I did then crack open a favourite fat quarter, the navy with multicoloured spots, for the binding. Deciding how to quilt it took ages, but I eventually went with lines, but not going over the hexagons. I'm pretty sure my granny would be pleased with the finished item!




5 comments:

  1. You caught me watching you! Love the project finish, i'm sure your granny would be proud. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And your Granny would be really proud of you, Fran.
    Granny-to-the-best-grand-daughter-ever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enhorabuena Fran, has hecho un tapiz precioso, lleno de sentimientos y que siempre te traerá, tanto a ti como a Rosita muy buenos recuerdos.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, I bet it feels good to do something so nice with your Gran's hexies. Bethx (thelinencat)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice way to use the hexies! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete