Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Trip around the world

We had a great bank holiday weekend! Miss PatchyRose thoroughly enjoyed her three parties in three days, and the drawstring bags made good presents for her friends. The extra time enabled me to get on and finish my Trip around the world quilt, which I am really pleased with...


I love the colours in this one, the combination of the bright and pretty pinks with the subtle greys. It feels feminine without being excessively girlie. While I often use a more economical backing, this time I had the perfect piece ready and waiting, something I picked up in a sale and was the exact size needed...


For the binding I did pull out a bed sheet ;-) However, this is not just any bed sheet, this is a Marks & Spencer's bed sheet LOL... 


 I'm really happy with the plain grey binding, especially with the patterned backing. For the moment the quilt is on the leather sofa, though I suspect it will move around a bit in the next few days!


5 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt, love the colours. Great backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te a quedado muy bonito!!!
    Besosss
    montse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Está preciosa Fran, me gusta mucho como te ha quedado.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks fabulous Fran, and the backing fabric is lovely. Glad Miss P enjoyed her parties, would love to have that energy nowadays! What's next on your to do list?
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing colour scheme and the backing fabric is gorgeous! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete