Friday, 18 May 2012

Scrap busting in a paintbox style...

Ever since I started patchwork, I've been pretty good at keeping hold of scraps, piling them into a shoebox. Recently I took them all out, ironed each one, and had them ready for a project idea. With Miss PatchyRose's enthusiasm to start sewing, I could see them disappearing fast, but fortunately still got quite a few to play with ;-) I've been making these scrappy log cabins, each in the same overall colour scheme, to look like pots of paint.


It may take some time before I can make a quilt with them, but I'm happy for this to be a longer term project.

In the meantime, I whipped up another drawstring bag, this time for an adult friend who has a birthday coming up.


This one contains some nice bath and shower creams, I hope she likes it!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have to make some of these as soon as I can they look great!!! I think making a nice bag like that is 10 times better than wrapping paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bonitos quedan tus bloques, tan coloridos.
    Me gustan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Log cabins are a great way to use those scraps. I'm sure your friend will love the bag and contents - so much nicer to have a hand made gift. XX

    ReplyDelete