Yesterday I finally cut into one of the fabric sets I bought in America last Easter. It wasn't sold as a set, but I bought the six fabrics at the same time, with the intention of using them in a single project. I tend to make it up as I go along, and cut them all out into squares, and then started playing around with different designs. I'd love to say this was intentional, but after a couple of hours of not really liking where it was going, I managed to come up with this...
It was complete coincidence that I had the just the number of squares needed for this Trip Around the World quilt, as I have no fabric leftover beyond two squares in each design, and only one in the pink spots! It's all laid out ready, and I can't wait to start sewing.
Over the weekend I also quilted and bound the 9 patch, and am so pleased to have finished it. This weekend I will have some quilts on show at our church, as part of a community day, and wanted it ready to show potential beginners :-)
The backing is another supermarket find, a lovely bright pink, cheap and cheerful!