Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Cath by Fran...

A while ago a Cath Kidston shop opened up near us. It's a lovely store, full of gorgeous items at extravagant prices! I tend to go in and browse, and leave empty handed. However, in January I spotted these napkins in the sale...


A pack of four, reduced from £15 to just £4.50. I knew they would be good for something, each one measures approximately 16 square inches, so I added them to my cupboard.


Tonight I am flying off to Spain for a few days. Sounds wonderful, until I add that I am taking nearly 40 students with me on a school trip! I realised that I could do with a new bag, one that looked summery and nice, but was also secure enough for valuables and would fit a packed lunch on our days' out. So, last night three of the napkins became this:


I wouldn't say it was perfect, as it's the first time I've done handles and a zip together, which was tricky. I kind of wish I'd had time to find and follow a pattern, but it will do the job for now.


I managed to squeeze both the handles and a pocket out of one napkin, leaving me one left over. The pocket is wide, but with an extra seam up the middle, so one compartment is the exact size needed for my phone.


Just hope I get some blue sky and sunshine now on my trip!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran, hope you have had a wonderful trip! The bag looks great, clever lady! Drop by when you get back, love to hear from you.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Fran, un bolso muy bonito.

    ReplyDelete