Saturday, 28 January 2012

Sherbet Pips

Last year I was so pleased to find a layer cake of the gorgeous Sherbet Pips range.


These fabrics are far too pretty to start cutting into, so it took me ages to come up with a plan. In the end, I went for a very simple bordered squares design, which shows off the lovely pictures and creates very little waste.


I started this in November, and got about half way through the pack before the madness of December overtook me!


A layer cake is 42 swatches, each one 10 inches square. I must have made at least 20 so far. Unfortunately January has been all work and no play, so no recent progress. Hopefully I will get back to it soon, it was therapeutic to get it out all to photograph! 

There has been very little wastage with this design, so far about this much:


These pieces are tiny, maybe two inches by half an inch. I can't bring myself to throw them away, and may do that crazy thing of sewing them into a strip to incorporate into the backing...

No comments:

Post a Comment