Monday, 19 December 2011

Thank you!

Well, yesterday was my birthday, and very lovely falling on a Sunday and giving me a whole weekend of fun. We had a fabulous day in London on Saturday, watching Sleeping Beauty at the Royal Opera House, which was absolutely amazing. Then a busy and nice day yesterday, with Christmas dinner (really) and singing in a Christmas carol service which lots of kind friends came to.
I received a number of lovely birthday presents, but I'm just going to show you the two crafty ones. First up is this incredible scarf from my MIL. It's a real work of art, I can't tell at all how she made it, but it works perfectly with my purple jacket.


The other crafty gift was from a bookclub friend, who cunningly combined my two loves of reading and sewing with this very cute tin of pins in the style of a book! Very apt!


All in all, a great birthday, and if you're reading this via Facebook, thanks for all the nice birthday wishes!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely gifts and sounds like the perfect day out for a Birthday. Many Happy Returns! Beth/The Linen Cat

    ReplyDelete