Sunday, 11 December 2011

Small steps to quilting...

Thank you so much to everyone who has contacted me about the blog! It's been lovely to get so many comments either here, on Facebook, or though email. I really appreciate you all taking the time to let me know what you think, and it's been great to meet some new people from around the world too!

Susie and I lived with each other at university, a 'few' years ago... She emailed to say she'd been inspired to have a crafternoon with her younger daughter, and has resurrected a quilt she'd once begun and then stashed away. Sounds like it's on its way to being finished now, and Susie and I are planing to get together in the new year to look at quilting it. Great!

That got me thinking about how to start off on the actual quilting process once the patchwork is done. One of the things I did was to make a few doll quilts, which made a great Christmas present, as Mr PatchyRose also assembled and painted a bed to go with them.




Working on a smaller sized quilt is so much easier, and enables you to build up different techniques. Having said, that, I am pretty much stuck in a rut of straight line quilting, with the odd deviation into diagonal lines LOL... I love the little quilt above, which was completely inspired by a similar one on a blog I read. I am totally kicking myself that I can't now find the original one to link to :-( 




I also made this quilt in different green fabrics, with yoyos for decoration.




Little Miss PatchyRose has also since made one of her own:




It was great fun working with her on this!

The bed and quilts went down very well on Christmas day... Teddy wasted no time!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to the word 'crafternoon'.

    ReplyDelete