Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

There are lots of nice Christmas tree skirts all over blogland, and many free patterns too. However, we generally have a tree in a bucket, ever hopeful that it will survive to the following year... On that basis, a conventional festive quilt was the best option for us. It was easy to whip one up in lots of squares in christmassy colours.


I love the backing that I chose for this one, using a hessian fabric for most of it. 


It was easy to quilt in simple lines, quilting in the ditch. We're all really pleased with how it looks under our tree.


Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful new year.




3 comments:

  1. Is 'quilting in the ditch' a technical term? I sense I'm going to learn a lot if I keep following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Iota,
    Yes, quilting in the ditch means that you quilt along the join of two pieces of fabric, which creates a slight 'ditch' and is very forgiving for an inexpert quilter like me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete