Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Crochet

I'm no expert at crochet, but my good friend, Melanie, taught me the basics when we were students and living in a shared house without a television. We had some fun evenings, with several girls sitting around making blankets. More recently I have been influenced by this amazing blog, which is full of inspiration. Then I came across this lovely book, and used the pattern to make the circular cushion. It wasn't completely straightforward, but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out.


Back to the simple stuff, and I made this little pram blanket for a colleague who had a baby recently.


On this blanket I did the easy work, and my mother-in-law made all the beautiful flowers and butterflies. This one gets used to snuggle under by lovely girl when she's watching television. 

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, you have some lovely items. I am following you now xx

    ReplyDelete