Wednesday, 2 November 2011

The American loot...

Over the Easter holidays we had the most amazing trip around California, an incredible time on so many levels. We saw outstanding creation and nature along the beautiful coastline and in the stunning Yosemite natural park. We also had a fabulous couple of days at Disney, and spent the Easter weekend with friends near San Francisco. 
Thanks to the internet, I had googled quilt shops in California before we set off, and managed to visit 3 or 4 fantastic shops, spending a year's worth of fabric budget...
Since coming home, I have so far made a wall hanging for the stairwell. This was inspired by a quilt I saw hanging up in the quilt shop in Los Gatos, and made partly with some fabric from there, and some I already had. The main fabric designer was Amy Butler.
 

The next project was a Bear Paw quilt, as a souvenir of the beautiful Yosemite... where we didn't see any bears, but didn't mind too much!! The fabric came from the quilt shop in Oakhurst, as did the bear template. This was a birthday present for my lovely daughter, and currently alternates with the two quilts made for her previously.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fran

    Thanks for your suggestions on my Bustle & Sew blog. I shall certainly take a look - a whole weekend of blissful browsing is planned! And your work is so beautiful.. I love your stair hanging - really brightens a dark corner.

    Best wishes, Helen x

    ReplyDelete